Podcast #7 Commoditization of tangible products for the Design Professional
Commoditization of tangible products for the Design Professional…
In this seventh episode of the Home Design Professionals and Cabinet Specialists Podcast, the concept of Commoditization of tangible products for the Design Professional is discussed at length. Why the product itself has been seen as the only commodity in the industry and why it is imperative that this commodity idea has to change to the actual design process itself.
We also discuss why the consumer has been educated more than some of the designers , and how to make sure that you, as a designer, have the knowledge to combat this issue.
- Why we need to deprogram the designers mind about tangible products
- How shiny objects can be used to draw the customer in to your business
- how grocery store setups use very similar techniques to what a designer needs to employ
- How a simple technique can be used to get business from your A-profile clients
- How to align yourself with other non competing industries to get maximum benefit
Big Takeaway :
What I have also learned over the years is that a referral can be the engine of every designer’s business. However, they also can be very dangerous because they come with preconceived ideas of what that designer does and if it doesn’t align with what that potential client expects, then it can really put that designer in a bad position. The Commoditization of tangible products for the Design Professional must be understood to ensure that your business grows.